Listen to this Article Now
For immediate release
Naa Professor Edmund Nminyem Delle, Ghana’s Renown Dermatologist and Entrepreneur with 50 years of practice has been awarded as Ghana’s Greatest Entrepreneur of All Time.
Accra, July 19, Rabito Clinic Ltd.- The Founder and Board Chairman of Rabito Clinic Limited, the leading private healthcare provider specialised in dermatology, Naa Professor Edmund Nminyem Delle was on Saturday, July 18, awarded at the 10th Ghana Entrepreneur and Corporate Executive Awards 2020.
Naa Prof. Delle was awarded as Ghana’s Greatest Entrepreneur of All Time 2020 in a virtual live broadcast on TV3 Network, GTV, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
This is the third time in ten years that Naa Prof. Delle has been awarded at the prestigious awards. In 2013, he won the Health and Medical Services entrepreneur of the year award 2013 and in 2015, Naa Prof. Delle was inaugurated into the Hall of Fame Award (Health Services) category.
The award, which was bestowed by the Entrepreneurs Foundation of Ghana (EFG) in partnership with the Ministry of Business Development, seeks to honour the accomplishment of long-standing Entrepreneurs to motivate the budding generation.
This year’s award, which marks a decade, was themed: “Celebrating Ten Years of Entrepreneurial Excellence and Business Development in Ghana”.
The EFG said the Ghana Entrepreneur & Corporate Executive Award 2020 is the tenth anniversary Champions of Champion celebration to honour greatest entrepreneurs who have revolutionized business, created opportunities for others and changed the way we think and live.
“While we believe these men and women to be the best of the best, their accomplishments are varied and not easily compared having built a legacy, demonstrated corporate leadership, sustained business performance, integrity, vision and business innovation in Ghana.” the Foundation said.
The Foundation added, “Our intention is to give a worthy individual the recognition he/she deserves as well as to use their example to inspire budding entrepreneurs, Corporate Executives, Public Sector Executives, and Business Leaders to achieve similar success”.
About Naa Professor Edmund Nminyem Delle
Naa Professor Delle was born on November 18, 1943, in Nandom in the Upper West Region of Ghana. He is the Founder, Board Chairman, and Chief Medical Officer of Rabito Clinic, which he founded in 1974.
Naa Prof. Delle started his educational foundation in Nandom. Through the support of his mentor, His Eminence the late Cardinal Peter Prekuu Dery, Naa Prof. Delle received a full scholarship to study at the University of Padua in Italy, where he obtained his Doctor of Medicine and Surgery in 1970.
Thereafter, he obtained a post-graduate diploma in Tropical Medicine at the Institute of Tropical Medicine in Antwerp, Belgium, and a Diploma in Skin and Venereal Diseases (DSVD) at the University of Padua in 1972. He was appointed a Resident Medical Officer and Lecturer in Skin Diseases at the University of Padua from 1972 to 1974.
Upon his return home after acquiring academic and professional experience, he started a private medical practice, the Rabito Clinic in Ghana in 1974. This was in fulfilment of his childhood dream to invest in Africa and serve his people. He named the clinic after his academic and career mentor Prof Caologero Rabito formerly of the University of Padua, Italy. Naa Prof. Delle is known for his expertise in the treatment of complex dermatological cases.
Naa Prof. Delle is a member of many national and international professional bodies:
• Fellow of the American Association of Dermatologists (FAAD) (1986);
• Commissioner for the International Commission for Health Professionals (ICHP), an affiliate of the World Health Organisation (WHO) in 1989.
• He is also a Founding Member of the African Association of Dermatologists and served as its Vice-President and Secretary-General between 1991 and 1997, respectively;
• He is a member of the British Association of Dermatologists (MBAD) (1992).
• He is a Founding Member and a former National Secretary of the Ghana Society of Dermatologists;
• He is a Foundation Fellow of the Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeon (2005).
Naa Prof. Delle has been honoured over the years for his dedication and achievements in Health and Human Rights.
• He jointly founded the African Commission of Health and Human Rights Promoters (CAPSDH) with Dr. Mohammed Ibn Chambers and Mutawakilu Idrissu in 1991 to combat human rights abuses, STDS, and health problems at the time of political upheavals across Africa.
• He is currently President of the African Commission of Health and Human Rights Promoters, Ghana (CAPSDH) which through his instrumentality has so far created treatment centers in ten out of the sixteen Regions in Ghana.
• CAPSDH, under the leadership of Naa Prof. Delle, has provided assistance throughout Africa in the form of counselling, food, clothing, and shelter to victims of human rights abuse. It has also increased awareness of health and human rights issues through lectures and symposia in different communities.
• Naa Prof Delle is a devout Roman Catholic and served as the Chairman of the Catholic Standard for 23-years; Board Chairman of the Catholic Centre for Hope for the Aged, Sick, and Needy in Society. During his tenure as a Secretary of the Catholic Doctors Guilds of Ghana, he organised the first Pan-African Congress of Catholic Doctors in Ghana in 1984.
• Naa Prof Delle is a founding member of the revived Convention People’s Party and successfully served for two terms as National Chairman and Leader of the party.
• He served as Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Standard Magazine and Newspapers Limited from 1976 to 1999. He is the Founding Patron of Youth Policy Initiative (YPI).
• Naa Prof Delle was an Adjunct Professor of Dermatology at the University for Development Studies (UDS) where he imparted his knowledge and experience in dermatology to young medical trainees.
• He is a Professor of Dermatology at the Accra College of Medicine. Above all, Prof. Edmund Nminyem Delle is a staunch Catholic and a family man with five children.