Listen to this Article Now
By Yasmin Rufo
Russell Brand has been questioned by Metropolitan Police for the second time in relation to a further six allegations of historical sex offences, the BBC understands.
It is understood he was interviewed under caution on 14 December.
An investigation by the Sunday Times, the Times and Channel 4’s Dispatches revealed allegations of rape, sexual assaults and emotional abuse against the British comedian and actor.
Brand previously denied the claims.
The Met said a man in his 40s attended a police station in south London on 14 December. He was first questioned by police on 16 November over three other claims.
The force said the man has now “been questioned in relation to nine alleged offences”.
It said inquiries were continuing.
The story was first reported in The Times.
In September the Met said it would investigate allegations of “non-recent” sexual offences, after receiving a number of allegations.
At the time, it was encouraging anyone who believed they may have been a victim of a sexual offence to contact them, “no matter how long ago it was”.
Earlier that month, the Times, Sunday Times and Channel 4’s Dispatches programme said four women had accused comedian and actor Brand, 48, of sexual offences, including a rape, alleged to have taken place between 2006 and 2013.
The investigation claimed he had also behaved inappropriately at work, and displayed predatory and controlling behaviour.
During that time, Brand held several jobs, including at Channel 4 and BBC Radio 2.
The BBC has approached Brand for comment but has not yet heard back.
He has previously said his relationships have “always” been consensual.
The day before the investigation was published online in September, Brand, 48, shared a video on social media.
In it, he denied “serious criminal allegations” he said were to be made against him, and said his relationships “were absolutely, always consensual”.
Following the allegations of “non-recent” sexual offences reported to the
Met later that month, Brand put out another video in which he was critical of the mainstream media but did not directly address the claims against him.
SOURCE: BBC NEWS