Listen to this Article Now
A market fire which swept through shops and stalls at the Mankessim within the Central Region has displaced over 200 traders, according media reports.
The fire which started before 11:30 p.m. comes days after an identical outbreak destroyed properties at a chilly store near the Mankessim roundabout on April 18, 2021.
Fire brigade and therefore the police were called in to douse the inferno which destroyed properties worth many cedis.
Though the explanation for the hearth is yet to be established, some people have attributed the incident to an electrical fault.
Samuel Kofi Baiden, an Assemblyman for Nkusukum Electoral Area said the incident could are prevented if authorities provided fire extinguishers at the market.
The Ghana National Fire Service also said access to the hearth scene was also a serious challenge.
“This is that the first time I even have witnessed this hearth outbreak here. it’s never happened before. The Mfantseman Assembly should are proactive. we should always have provided the safety officers with fire extinguishers”, the Assemblyman said.
The country has been recording series of fireside outbreaks in recent times with some leading to the death of victims.
Four people were killed at Manso-Aponapon within the Ashanti Region after fire struck their home earlier this month.
The Kumasi Central Market, Sokoban Wood Village and therefore the Mampong Technical College of Education have also recorded similar outbreak in the week .